Vegan Shakshuka Meal Prep
This vegan take on the classic Middle Eastern dish is so simple to make and full of warming spices, satiating plant-based protein, as well as a subtle kick thanks to the addition of mild Harrisa pepper sauce and complete with a side of thickly cut bread for dipping and scooping — YUM!
- 1 28 ounce can Canned Diced Fire Roasted Tomatoes (including liquid)
- 1 cup Vegan Ricotta Cheese we used Kite Hill Brand
- 15 ounces Canned Cannelini Beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1/2 medium red onion diced
- 4 cloves garlic thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp Harissa mild or hot
- 2 2tbsp Chopped Parsley
- 5 tbsp ground cumin
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt & pepper as desired
Heat skillet or large frying pan over medium/high heat. Then once heated, add oil.
Add onion and garlic — stir then sauté for ~5 minutes.
Next, add rest of ingredients except for ricotta cheese, parsley, and bread — let simmer for ~15 minutes.
Remove from heat and serve with parsley, dollops of ricotta, and bread for dipping.
Serve, store, and enjoy!
Nutrition for 1 out of 4 servings (not including bread):
15.2g Protein | 36.5g Carbs | 27.1g Fat | 7.6g Fiber | 469 Calories