Taco Skillet Meal Prep
Packed with Keto-friendly ingredients, this simple to make Taco Skillet Meal Prep is perfect for any day of the week!
Servings: 4 meals
- 1 pound 80% ground beef
- 1/2 medium red onion diced
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 cup mexican cheese blend
- 2 roma tomatoes diced and seeded
- 1 packet taco seasoning mixed with 1/2 cup warm water
- 1/2 cup salsa verde
- 1/2 cup full fat yogurt plain, unsweetened
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- tortilla chips if desired
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add oil and ground beef — stir and cook until browned (~5-7 minutes).
- Next, add taco seasoning and water mixture — stir and cook until liquid has been fully ab-sorbed and reduced.
- Now, spread ground beef into an even layer and add cheese (also in an even layer) over the ground beef base — cover with a lid, let cheese melt (~1-2 minutes).
- Divide taco beef with cheese into four and when ready to eat, top remaining ingredients, then dress with a squeeze of lime and some cilantro (and optional sides) right before serving.
- Serve, store, and enjoy!
Nutrition for 1 out of 4 servings: 32g Protein | 18g Carbs | 44g Fat | 4.2g Fiber | 608 Calories* You can reduce the number of calories in this recipe by using 93% lean ground beef, non-fat Greek Yogurt, and 1 tbs avocado oil instead.